So instead of turning you your favorite indulgent comfort foods when you are feeling down, select foods that have been shown to improve brain health and certain mood disorders.
- Fatty Fish like salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can decrease depression.
- Dark chocolate (in moderation, of course) has a high concentration of flavonoids, which increase blood flow to your brain and supports mood regulation.
- Fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi and kombucha support gut health, and 90% of the body’s serotonin is produced in the gut.
- Bananas are a great source of natural sugar and vitamin B6, keeping your blood sugars level and mood stable.
- Oats are high in fiber and iron which keep energy levels stable.
- Berries are high in antioxidants which may help manage inflammation linked with anxiety and depression.
- Nuts & seeds provide tryptophan, an amino acid that produces serotonin.
- Beans & lentils are rich sources of mood-boosting nutrients, particularly B vitamins.
- Coffee has numerous compounds, such as caffeine and chlorogenic acid, that may boost your mood.
“I have lived so much of my life under the weight of depression and PTSD. Despite being eager to feel better, the prospect of Ketamine Treatment felt scary and overwhelming. I don’t think I could have done it without the care, compassion and professionalism of the staff at Ketamine Wellness Infusion PA. Jill and her team are patient, informative and skilled. This is felt from the first contact, throughout the treatment process and beyond and was so integral to my recovery. I am so grateful I made the decision to get treatment and can’t imagine the experience anywhere but KWIP.”
Ketamine patient, Patricia from Philadelphia
Schedule a Consultation
146 Montgomery Ave
Bala Cynwyd, 19004